Medical Imaging Technology
Medical Imaging Technology
In the field of image technology, equipment is updated quickly and personnel training lags behind. Many devices are often unable to perform their functions because they are not properly used. In 1997, assimilating the experience of allied health professions in North America, we set up a major in medical technology (five-year, medical) for undergraduate education. Medical imaging technology is one of the sub-major. Ministry of education adjusted the major to a four-year program and awarded the graduates degree of science since 2000. In 2012, the ministry of education adjusted the catalogue of undergraduate majors, the original " medical technology major (medical imaging technology direction) " officially changed into " medical imaging technology" major. In 2013, the department of medical imaging technology was independently formed. In the same year, with the growing demand of radiotherapy technology education, radiotherapy technology direction was set up. Ultrasound examination is the most widely used medical imaging in China. In 2016, to meet the enormous demand of ultrasound education, West China School of Medicine set up the first sonographer program in the department of medical imaging technology in China.
Through nearly 20 years' construction, a total of 486 students have been trained from 2000 to 2016. Medical imaging technology has developed greatly in teaching staff, curriculum construction, teaching management and teaching quality. It has sent a large number of outstanding talented graduates with clinical, scientific research and teaching comprehensive ability to the medical imaging department of the universities with medical imaging technology major and the top tertiary care hospitals. It has contributed to the development of medical image technology in China.
We make full use of the culture and professional advantages of the west China hospital, adhere to the guiding principles of elite education, highlight the cultivation of innovative consciousness and innovative ability, make full use of west China hospital clinical cases, video equipment, video equipment advantages, give prominence to the practice teaching. The graduates not only have solid clinical skills, but also have a good foundation for scientific research and teaching ability.
Cultivate the student to satisfy the needs of social development. To have a profound cultural background and solid professional knowledge, strong innovation consciousness, broad international vision, moral, intellectual, physical, all-round development. Committed to cultivate senior technical personnel with necessary theoretical knowledge and practical working ability.
The training includes general education and basic knowledge of basic medicine, clinical medicine and imaging technology. The students are required to master the basic principles of modern imaging technology and the operation and application of various imaging acquisition devices (MRI, CT, DSA, DR, CR, US), and master various image post-processing techniques. Graduates will become a modern imaging technology talent with good professional teaching ability, certain imaging technology research ability and management ability.
Graduates should have the following knowledge and abilities:
1. Master basic theories and knowledge of basic medicine and clinical medicine;
2. Master the basic theory and skills of image technology;
3. Have the initial ability of professional scientific research of imaging technology, self-learning and updating knowledge, discovering problems and solving problems, and establishing the concept of lifelong learning;
4. Familiar with the working principles, policies and regulations of national image technology; Knowledge of radiation protection safety;
5. Master the operation and application of various image acquisition devices (MRI, CT, DSA, DR, CR, US) and image post-processing technology;
6. Radiotherapy technology direction should master the basic theory of oncology and radiotherapy;
7. Medical ultrasound technology requires full understanding of basic ultrasound physical principles and master the skill of operating different ultrasound system to exam different system of the body;
8. Be familiar with the basic knowledge and skills of computer application, develop effective information management capabilities, and be able to apply computer and other information technologies in the solution of medical problems and decisions;
9. Master a foreign language, have a certain ability to read and write professional foreign language books, familiar with clinical research methods and basic knowledge of medical statistics.
Professional core courses
1) Undergraduate major in medical imaging technology: Medical imaging principle, image inspection technology, medical image informatics, imaging equipment, modern imaging technology, integrated imaging technology, ultrasonography, clinical nuclear medicine.
2) Radiotherapy technology: Tumor radiotherapy, radiation therapy, radiotherapy treatment equipment principle, oncology foundation, dosage measurement and radiological protection.
3)Medical ultrasound technology: The physical basis of medical ultrasound, ultrasonic physical and hemodynamic, ultrasonic sectional anatomy, abdominal ultrasonography, superficial organ ultrasonography, obstetrics and gynecology ultrasonography, peripheral vascular ultrasonography, cardiac ultrasonography.
Academic system: 4 years
Study Duration: 3-6 years
Academic degree: Bachelor of Science